AROMA

2 Corinthians 2:15 Church, Family, Culture

Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Friday, June 02, 2006


Boy or Girl?
I recently read in the Village Voice, a free newspaper out of New York city, about a 5 year old boy who feels he has a girl's brain in a boy's body. Thats right this 5 year old boy says he is a girl trapped in a boy's body. Disturbing? I think so.
Transgender or gender identity disorder(GID) is becoming more and more common and accepted in our culture. Currently it is labeled as a mental disorder but there are those who are pushing for this to be a "normal" way of life. Not to long ago homosexuality was lableled a mental disorder and is no longer seen in that light from the majority of the population and I fear GID will be viewed in the same light in the next few years.
This is obviously something that needs to be addressed in our culture from a biblical worldview. I don't have a solution or answers at this point in time but I do know that we need not run from these issues because, I believe, it is sin and needs to be dealt with.
If you want to read the article go to www.villagevoice.com and type in the search the title See Tom be Jane. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments.
May God be glorified in how we minister to our culture no matter how shocking or disturbing we may seem to think it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home